Thursday, November 5, 2015

You Are Not Eligible To Receive A U.S. Passport If You Owe $2,500 Or More In Child Support

Child Support Payments and Getting a U.S. Passport

If you owe $2,500 or more in child support, you are not eligible to receive a U.S. passport. You should make arrangements to pay the state where child support is owed BEFORE you submit your application for a U.S. passport. All questions about your child support arrears or the status of a payment should be directed to the appropriate state child support enforcement agency.

Once payment is arranged, it may take 2-3 weeks before Passport Services is permitted to process your application. For details of this process, please refer to the chart below:

Important Notes:

  • Passport Services has no information concerning individuals' child support obligations and has no authority to take action until HHS removes your name from its list.
  • All of the above information is detailed in Section 51.60 (a) (2) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations

No comments:

Post a Comment