Package Includes Philadelphia Auto Show Tickets For Limited Time Only
Guest who book the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway from January 28-February 5, 2017 receive two tickets to the Philadelphia Auto Show (left), in addition to the many perks included in the standard winter package (available until March 19, 2017). Admission for two to Jurassic World at The Franklin Institute (right) is one of the many perks available to those who book the package.
Credit: Photos by R. Kennedy () M. Fischetti for VISIT PHILADELPHIA®
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® announces a new perk for the in-demand Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway. Guests who book the package and stay at any of 38 Philadelphia hotels between January 28 and February 5, 2017 receive the bonuses listed below—plus two tickets to the Philadelphia Auto Show. This package, typically valued up to $228, jumps up to a $256 value with the Auto Show tickets. The standard winter package, available until March 19, 2017, includes:
- Free hotel parking
- Two untimed tickets to Jurassic World: The Exhibition at The Franklin Institute
- Admission and ice skate rentals for two at Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest
- One $20 gift card for use at any of chef Jose Garces’ restaurants in Philadelphia
- A code from Uber good for one free ride valued up to $10 for new and existing customers
“Winter’s more fun when you sleep over in Philadelphia,” said Meryl Levitz, president and CEO, VISIT PHILADELPHIA. “And now, thanks to this season’s super value-added hotel package, visitors can experience all of the city’s winter wonders for themselves.” Some of those current wonders: City Hall’s mega-successful holiday happenings: the Christmas Village, Dilworth Park Wintergarden and more.
Bookable seven days a week, the getaway is good for one- and two-night stays this winter only.
About The Package Perks:
- Free Parking: Thirty-eight participating hotels offer free parking for one car for up to two nights—that’s as much as $100 in value at Center City hotels.
- Jurassic World: The Exhibition: The Franklin Institute offers up another blockbuster North American premiere—this one shows off the wild wonders of Isla Nublar in a massive exhibition based on one of Hollywood’s biggest-ever science-fiction films. This behind-the-scenes glimpse into the magic of moviemaking and dinosaur animation stars whopping versions of animatronic dinosaurs—Brachiosaurus, T. Rex, Stegosaurus—and more beasts. Those who book this season’s deal can exchange two admission vouchers onsite for timed tickets, which include entry to the full museum. 222 N. 20th Street, (215) 448-1200, fi.edu
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest: This waterfront wonderland village features an open-air Olympic-size ice skating rink, cozy lodge with fireplaces, festive landscaping, twinkling lights, fire pits, arcade games and a variety of food and beverages. The winter package includes tickets for two rink admissions and two skate rentals. 101 S. Columbus Boulevard, (215) 925-7465, delawareriverwaterfront.com
- Garces Restaurants: Award-winning chef Jose Garces rose to prominence in the food world after he opened Amada in Old City in 2005. To date, he’s opened 10 hit restaurants in Philadelphia—Amada, Olde Bar, Tinto, Distrito, Village Whiskey, Volvér, Garces Trading Company, JG Domestic, Buena Onda and the brand-new 24. The $20 gift card included with this winter’s deal is useable at any one of them. garcesgroup.com
- Uber: Visitors can use the Uber app anytime, anywhere to get around Philly. The promo code—good for one free ride valued up to $10—is valid for new and existing Uber customers. uber.com
- The Philadelphia Auto Show: Those who book and stay between January 28 and February 5, 2017 receive a bonus perk: two tickets to a showcase of more than 700 concept, classic, luxury and exotic cars—most available for climbing in—at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. phillyautoshow.com
More Reasons To Book The Package:
Long weekends and special events and exhibits in Philadelphia this winter give visitors even more reasons to book:
- Long Weekends: Martin Luther King Jr. weekend (January 13-16, 2017) and Presidents Day weekend (February 17-20, 2017) give visitors three full days to explore. Those celebrating the life of King and the U.S. presidents can enjoy visits to historic sites and museums, such as the Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, President’s House, The African American Museum in Philadelphia and National Constitution Center, among others.
- Special Events: The Philadelphia Flower Show (March 11-19, 2017) features top-of-the-line horticulture and landscape design, entertainment and more than 100 vendors, and, for 2017, a Holland theme. Plus, the Philly Craft Beer Festival (March 4, 2017) brings national and international breweries and food trucks to the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
- Special Exhibits: Bill Graham And The Rock & Roll Revolution, through January 16 at the National Museum of American Jewish History; and Thomas Eakins: Photographer, through January 29 at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
Hotel Package History:
Launched in 2001 in response to the events of 9/11, the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package includes free hotel parking and special perks all year long.
So far this year, visitors have used the evergreen package to book more than 11,000 room nights—that’s a 29% increase over the number of room nights booked through the package during the same period last year. (Source: CBRE Hotels)
For a full list of participating hotels and to book the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway, visitors can go to visitphilly.com/overnight.