First Carnival Corporation Brand to Provide Elevated Experience Personalization, Customization
Princess Cruises, a long-time innovator of cruise industry products, will be the first Carnival Corporation
brand to feature the Ocean Medallion™, a wearable device powered by a first-of-its-kind interactive
technology platform within the O·C·E·A·N, One Cruise Experience Access Network. The Ocean Medallion
enables a new level of personalization that delivers an enhanced guest experience previously not
available in the global vacation industry.
Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald unveiled the Ocean Medallion today during his opening
keynote at CES 2017, the world's largest consumer technology trade show. The Ocean Medallion
is the only accessory needed to elevate the guest experience on cruises. Ocean Medallion Class™
will be available November 13, 2017, onboard Regal Princess, followed by Royal Princess and
Caribbean Princess in early 2018.
"We are in the business of providing our guests incredible vacation experiences that create memories
that they will cherish for a lifetime," said Jan Swartz, president, Princess Cruises. "Ocean Medallion Class
will deliver an elevated cruise vacation experience by connecting people, places and cultures from
around the world in a more profound way. The service Princess guests have always loved will be amplified
by the Ocean Medallion."
Medallion Class makes Ocean Vacations more personal, immersive, simple and seamless than previously
considered possible. At the heart of this personalized experience is the Ocean Medallion, which enables
endless vacation possibilities. The Ocean Medallion has no discernible technology – no on-off switch, no
charging, no menu to navigate – and can be worn as a pendant on a wristband in a clip or simply placed
in a pocket to reveal enhanced services and personalized experiences without guests having to push a
button or take any action. The pre-cruise engage will allow guests to provide preferences that detail
their wants, needs and desires so that their onboard experience can be personalized.
Pairing with the Ocean Medallion is the Ocean Compass™ (for both guests and crew). The Ocean Compass
is a personal digital experience concierge accessible by all guests using interactive displays throughout the
ship, on stateroom TVs or via guests' own mobile devices. For example, guests can find their way to
venues around the ship; make reservations at the Lotus Spa, specialty dining restaurant and shore
excursions; arrange celebrations; view photographs; learn about the destinations they will visit and
activities at each port of call and more. The Ocean Compass via Ocean Concierge will invite guests to
experiences based on their individual needs, wants and desires.
Loyal Princess cruisers and potential future cruisers collectively feel having an exceptional vacation
occurs when guests' vacation time is spent doing more of what they love. With Ocean Medallion
Class on Princess Cruises, there is endless possibility for personalized attention and the ability to
truly relax knowing everything will be handled. Some of the initial service innovations include:
- Ocean Ready: The Ocean Medallion expedites embarkation as required information is added
- to the guest profile at home.
- Stateroom Access: The Ocean Medallion will also unlock a guest's stateroom door – replacing
- the key card and its sign and sail functions.
- HERE and NOW™: Guests can place dining orders and have them delivered to their
- current location. For example, by using the Ocean Compass guests can order select
- food and beverages from a lounge chair and not miss a moment of Movies Under The Stars.
- While Stargazing with Discovery at Sea™ on the top deck, parents can order and surprise the
- kids with hot chocolate without interrupting a moment of the family fun.
- THERE and THEN™: Guests can place a beverage order and have it delivered to where
- they plan to be at a designated time. For example, guests wanting to enjoy a glass of wine
- at the theater can place an order prior to the show and it will be delivered to them at their seat.
- Crew at Your Service: With the OCEAN Medallion, from the moment you embark, your
- experiences will be curated in alignment with your preferences allowing the crew to assist
- at all times. For example, a room attendant or bartender will have the ability to assist a
- guest with booking Lotus Spa services or specialty dining reservations.
- Ocean Navigate: Accessed through the Ocean Compass, guests can learn the whereabouts
- of their family as they enjoy activities throughout the ship and be guided seamlessly in finding
- their way around the ship. Friends and family will also be able to easily communicate with each
- other through seamless messaging service.
More announcements surrounding innovations and enhancements from Medallion Class Ocean
Vacations will be announced in the months leading up to the first sailing on Regal Princess.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by
calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company
operating a fleet of 18 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of
choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional
customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess carries 2.0 million guests
each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in
length from three to 114 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).
About O·C·E·A·N:From sailing to and exploring exotic places to being immersed in authentic cultures with family and
friends, cruising has always appealed to people who value the travel experience. Now, with
them transform those experiences into a way of life. Carnival Corporation's new experiential media
content portfolio features a range of inspirational family- and travel-related TV shows that highlight
the great destinations, exciting adventures, authentic cultures and cuisine, and beautiful vistas that
make cruise vacations the fastest growing segment of the vacation sector. Ocean Medallion Class
is the pinnacle of Ocean Experiences. Ocean Medallion Class leverages Carnival Corporation's
revolutionary Ocean Medallion™ and Ocean Compass™ to deliver personalization on a level never
before considered possible. Based on a strategy to make vacations more simple, personal,
immersive and authentic.